[linux-elitists] If GM made cars like Microsoft...

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Fri Jun 13 09:15:48 PDT 2003

on Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 09:50:09AM -0400, tom watson (tjwatson@switch.com) wrote:
> Peter Wiersig wrote:
>
> >Tom Duffy wrote:
> >

> >>And pretty good joysticks and mice, too.  They are a great
> >>hardware company.
> >>

> >I dislike their mice for their monopolistic behavior. The additional
> >buttons work all fine in IE, but my Mozilla-converted friends all
> >complain to me, that they're not working in Moz.
> >
> oh, c'mon, their mice are the shilznick, I own 2 of their wireless
> intellimouse the 5 button jobbies, both of which are connected to my
> linux boxes. The box at work is dual boot to NT as NT is the company
> standard, so when I absolutely have to boot into NT for some strange
> reason my intellimouse wont work!  with their own operating system? I
> have the revert to a wired logitech....

Doubtless this feature is part of the upgrade incentive program.

Microsoft is strongly phasing out support for WinNT in new products,
both SW and HW.

Peace.

   The Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Promotion Act:
     Feinstein's answer to Enron envy.
       http://www.politechbot.com/docs/cbdtpa/hollings.s2048.032102.html