[linux-elitists] Analyst finds SCO's "proof" credible

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Fri Jun 6 14:13:05 PDT 2003

begin Rick Moen quotation of Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 01:58:46PM -0700:

> It's deeply suspicious that Caldera/SCO won't reveal in public the
> particulars of even _one_ alleged violation.  This may be because they
> know that the *ix community would be all over it, finding public sources
> of the same "secrets" in one or more of research papers, the Lions book,
> at least one other publicly available book on _System V_ whose name
> eludes me, and any number of other places.

Since Laura DiDio is apparently claiming that some comments are
identical, I have no doubt that folks with Unix source licenses are
busy writing comment-matching Perl scripts right now.  Find the
matching comments and you've found the file(s) at issue and can
trace the history.

String::Approx anyone?
http://wntweb2.ethz.ch/docs/perl/lib/site/String/Approx.html

KG6INA