[linux-elitists] What the BSD folks think

Martin Pool mbp@sourcefrog.net
Thu Jun 5 17:15:59 PDT 2003

On  6 Jun 2003, Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org> wrote:

> Christopher Helliwig has also hinted at similar things. Potential suspects
> include filesystem code and the Linux binary compatibility stuff in SCO's
> products. I couldn't imagine them doing a cleanroom document and implement
> cycle when they could just sit there and eyeball or mouse copy the relevant
> bits.

As a first approximation, it would be interesting to run nm(1) and
strings(1) across the relevant SCO binaries and see if there are any
resemblences.  Does anyone still have access to such a machine?

--
Martin