[linux-elitists] What the BSD folks think

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Thu Jun 5 11:57:59 PDT 2003

<quote who="Dan Wilder">

> On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 12:57:31PM -0400, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> > One opinion, anyway:
> >
> > http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200306/dadvocate.html
>
> The conjecture I find most interesting in Greg Lehey's article is that
> there could indeed have been some unauthorized copying, but in the reverse
> of SCO's alleged direction.  Linux -> UNIX.
>
> That'd be an interesting one for SCO to have to disprove.  Countersuit,
> anybody?

Christopher Helliwig has also hinted at similar things. Potential suspects
include filesystem code and the Linux binary compatibility stuff in SCO's
products. I couldn't imagine them doing a cleanroom document and implement
cycle when they could just sit there and eyeball or mouse copy the relevant
bits.

But those are my arsecheeks talking. </disclaimer>

- Jeff

   "(Hint: IRC clients don't usually do DVD and VCD playback)." - Bastien
                                   Nocera