[linux-elitists] 'sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install bible-kjv bible-kjv-text'

Ben Finney bignose@zip.com.au
Tue Jun 3 15:52:31 PDT 2003

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Modus Operandi wrote:
> So my question is, when I find typos like the above, how hard is it to
> s/froward/forward/g and donate the correction to the codebase?

One would think that "donate to the codebase" should at least suggest
getting the *source* for the package, instead of trying to modify the
*binary* package of an database version of the Bible.

=====
$ cd ~
$ apt-get source bible-kjv-text
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Need to get 1388kB of source archives.
Get:1 http://proxy testing/main bible-kjv 4.14 (dsc) [616B]
Get:2 http://proxy testing/main bible-kjv 4.14 (tar) [1388kB]
Fetched 1388kB in 56s (24.4kB/s)
dpkg-source: extracting bible-kjv in bible-kjv-4.14

$ cd bible-kjv-4.14/
$ grep -c froward bible.rawtext
23
=====

Quite a common error.  Shall you submit a patch or shall I?

--
 \       "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me |
  `\                                     as members."  -- Groucho Marx |