[linux-elitists] 'sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install bible-kjv bible-kjv-text'

Modus Operandi modus@as220.org
Tue Jun 3 05:58:14 PDT 2003

  Well, I tried the Debian Bible:

modus@gumzilla~:$ bible Prov2:11-15

Proverbs 2

  11 Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:
  12 To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh
froward things;
  13 Who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness;
  14 Who rejoice to do evil, and delight in the frowardness of the wicked;
  15 Whose ways are crooked, and they froward in their paths:

  So my question is, when I find typos like the above, how hard is it to
s/froward/forward/g and donate the correction to the codebase?

  Perhaps if I just tar -xvzf the kjv-bible-text package, I'll understand.

  Whoops, I have to gunzip the file '/usr/doc/bible-kjv-text/changelog.gz'.

  Whew, that was fun to read, but I haven't found the raw text ...

  Okay, using 'locate bible' I found /usr/bin/bible and
  /usr/lib/bible.data ... dismissing the binary as a blind alley I'll take
  a peek at the data file ... aargh! It's all hexadecimal!

  What to do?

modus@gumzilla~:$ bible Prov2:11-15 | sed '/froward/ s//forward/g' >> proverb.txt

Proverbs 2

  11 Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:
  12 To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh
forward things;
  13 Who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness;
  14 Who rejoice to do evil, and delight in the forwardness of the wicked;
  15 Whose ways are crooked, and they forward in their paths:

  Sweet dreams, linux-elitists.

--
/home/modus/.signature