[linux-elitists] Re: SCO Teleconference transcript (Friday, May 30, 2003)

Wendell Cochran atrypa@eskimo.com
Mon Jun 2 07:35:12 PDT 2003

Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 20:58:04 -0700
From: Nick Moffitt <nick@zork.net>

[SNIP]
>        Given the sheer size of the Linux kernel, even if you omit the
vast amount of the code which exists in device drivers, what is the
probability that you'll find some few hundred lines of code peppered
about the thing that look like any other C project. . . .

>        Now imagine that you're comparing two posix operating systems.
Who here expects that you *won't* find somewhere under a KLOC of
matching code?
[snip]

The SCO farce begins to remind me of the old Shakespearean-code hoax
(cf the extant Bible Code): any sizable text can be made to produce
any message desired.

That's even without fraudulent intent.  Gullibility will do.

Wendell Cochran
West Seattle