[linux-elitists] SCO Teleconference transcript (Friday, May 30, 2003)

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 2 00:26:58 PDT 2003

on Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 11:16:56PM -0700, Don Marti (dmarti@zgp.org) wrote:
> begin Karsten M. Self quotation of Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 05:46:36AM +0100:
>
> > As Don Marti's aware, SCO's deadline to reveal source in two weeks (stated
> > of 14 May) has expired.
>
> Sontag didn't say two.  He said "a couple", which, when applied
> to units of time, doesn't mean exactly 2.0.  But "a couple weeks"
> is definitely less than a month.
>
> Interesting research question: what expert witnesses has Boies
> called in previous infringement cases?
>
> I was expecting this page on the SCO site
> /scosource/letter_to_linux_customers.html
>
> to be 404 by now, but it's not.  Wonder if that means they're paying
> the 250_000 Euros.

Good question.  On the one hand, it's part of their record (they've
already pulled a number of other pages from their site, see my analysis
of the initial complaint for a 'staging' page that's now gone).  On the
other, I've got archives.

Peace.

    "What are you supposed to do if you are a manically depressed
    robot? No, don't bother to answer that, I'm fifty thousand times
    more intelligent than you and even I don't know the answer. It
    gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level."
    -- HHGTG