[linux-elitists] SCO stock two-step

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Thu Jul 31 01:16:32 PDT 2003

on Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 02:14:49PM -0700, Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net) wrote:
> (via clickolinko)
>
> http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5057033.html
> > Senior SCO Group executives have been dumping their personal
> > holdings in the company since June, U.S. Securities and Exchange
> > Commission (SEC) filings have revealed.
> [...]
> > Some commentators have suggested the company made the legal claims
> > against IBM in order to boost its share price so it could use the
> > stock to acquire Vultus, a web services company.

Vultus was held majority shares by Canopy Group.

What the shell game _did_ provide for, per the analysis I read, was for
Canopy to retire much debt associated with Vultus.

Stock dilution is also coming to be an issue.

Peace.

  TWikIWeThey: An experiment in collective intelligence.  Stupidity.  Whatever.
    Technical docs, discussion, reviews, opinion.
      http://twiki.iwethey.org/