[linux-elitists] USB knobs and buttons.

Joakim Ziegler joakim@avmaria.com
Wed Jul 30 20:39:20 PDT 2003

So, perhaps the elitists can help me with this:

I want to connect knobs and buttons to my GNU/Linux box. Preferably by
USB. Nothing extreme, maybe 8-16 pushbuttons and 2-6 knobs/sliders. I'd
prefer something like an USB box with analog inputs that I can just
solder wires onto, but I'm open to gutting more complete devices too.

Additional bonus would be something that could also control a few LEDs
(8, perhaps). I could use an USB LCD module for that, I suppose, since
they're readily available.

All of this in one or more USB devices, and usable with Linux, with or
with or without weird kernel patches/drivers.

Any ideas?
--
   The Private Joakim Ziegler - Not Speaking For Anyone But Myself
    joakim@avmaria.com - http://www.avmaria.com - rdgzt@Undernet