[linux-elitists] Shouldn't IBM just buy these bums?

D. Joe Anderson deejoe@raccoon.com
Tue Jul 29 17:44:36 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 08:25:40PM +0200, Mikael Pawlo wrote:

> 1. SCO will financially never survive a loss to IBM in the courtroom. Last time I looked the company was in dire straits.

Assuming some large company with a standard metric buttload of
cash, and a stake in seeing to there being a fight, doesn't
continue to "purchase" SCO "licensing" in just barely sufficient
quantities to keep the legal wrangling (and associated FUD)
alive.

Feed the poor beast just enough to keep it alive and ornery, and
it'll continue to fight whoever ends up in the pen with it.

--Joe