[linux-elitists] Shouldn't IBM just buy these bums?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Mon Jul 28 11:12:32 PDT 2003

begin Matt Beland quotation of Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 01:48:46PM -0700:

> The reason IBM shouldn't do that is the exact same reason why no government
> should ever negotiate with terrorists, and why kidnap victims should never
> pay off ransom demands. That last being particularly appropriate.

  From what I learn from the temper of my countrymen and their
  tenaciousness of their money, it will be more easy to raise
  ships and men to fight these pirates into reason, than money to
  bribe them.

        -- Thomas Jefferson
           December 26, 1786
           http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/mtjhtml/mtjprece.html