[linux-elitists] SCO: Bawa gone?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Tue Jul 22 18:59:00 PDT 2003

begin Karsten M. Self quotation of Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 02:27:35AM +0100:

> > And just when I had a good question about what exactly is the
> > financial relationship between SCO and the Yankee Group, too.
> > (Their Laura DiDio is now the leading a one-note "IBM has to idemnify
> > Linux customers against 3rd-party claims if it wants to ever sell
> > anything again" pinhead.)
>
> She be that, don't she.

She apparently mainly covers Microsoft, which recently started
idemnifying customers against third-party claims:
http://www.zdnet.com.au/newstech/enterprise/story/0,2000048640,20276475,00.htm

"Under the new provision, which took effect March 1, Microsoft
removed the liability cap in intellectual property suits and altered
other parts of the agreements that potentially expand its liability."

March 6 is when SCO filed the original case against IBM.

KG6INA