[linux-elitists] SCO website http://sco.iwethey.org

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Mon Jul 21 10:25:18 PDT 2003

begin Greg Folkert quotation of Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 12:55:19PM -0400:

> Don Marti got in a question.  They ducked it by ignoring his point about
> direction of copying.

My follow-up question was for Boies, who is as a lawyer more
constrained in how far he can stretch the truth regarding the case.

I wanted to ask, "what is the legal basis for SCO's claims to
control what happens to software that is clearly copyrighted by IBM?"
Would Boies say that he believes SCO has an AYBABTU contract with
IBM?  IBM's legal dept. is not shy about clearing RCU papers for
publication, so if there is an AYBABTU clause, IBM has completely
missed it.

Trink Guarino is probably going to be the one who has something
interesting to say today.  I don't see an alt.fan.trink-guarino on
Google Groups, BTW.

KG6INA