[linux-elitists] MPAA position in CA

Tim Hammerquist tim+linux-elitists@vegeta.ath.cx
Tue Jul 8 13:40:09 PDT 2003

Don Marti wrote:
> begin  aicra@well.com quotation of Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 12:57:57PM -0400:
> > The job requires working knowledge of the DMCA, etc.
> > You TOO can be a part of the world wide anti-piracy team.
[ snippage ]

> I'm hoping the MPAA gets somebody smart for this job.  Scary
> smart.  Any p2p system whose users the MPAA can put out of
> action is useless for the applications that matter.

Hmm.

> Salary range is in the low to mid 40's.

...with the skills they mention? In L.A.?  Not likely, IMO.

It's possible they rationalize it by not requiring a degree, but
anyone as brilliant as we'd like could maneuver for a more
reasonable So Cal salary, degree or no.

My USD0.02,
Tim Hammerquist
--
The PROPER way to handle HTML postings is to cancel the article, then hire
a hitman to kill the poster, his wife and kids, and f*ck his dog and smash