[linux-elitists] On origins of MSFT code (hearsay) Re: [fsl-discuss] reusing code under BSD licence

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Mon Jul 7 23:01:49 PDT 2003

on Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 10:11:03PM -0500, D. Joe Anderson (deejoe@raccoon.com) wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 04:35:39PM +0100, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>

> > So I just contacted Bradford L. Smith's office at Microsoft with
> > the following fax (after being informed by the Microsoft switchboard
> > that first contacts must be in writing):
>
> <snip>
>
> > Of which there are several possible outcomes:
> >
> >   - "We don't know".  Wups.  "Microsoft can't track its software source
> >     provenance..."
> >
> >   - "We know", followed by a figure.  Thank you, Mr. Smith.
> >
> >   - Silence, or refusal to answer.  Wups.  "Microsoft refuses to reveal
> >     reliance on free, open source, or otherwise publicly available
> >     source code within its products".
>
> To be slightly more dispassionate about it, I'd
>
> 	s/refuses/seems, so far, unable or unwilling/
>
> It's been about 2 weeks now, hasn't it?  With a holiday in the
> middle, to be sure.
>
> Any acknowledgement, at least?

None.

Peace.

  TWikIWeThey: An experiment in collective intelligence.  Stupidity.  Whatever.
    Technical docs, discussion, reviews, opinion.
      http://twiki.iwethey.org/