[linux-elitists] The breadth of SCO's claims

Aaron Sherman ajs@ajs.com
Sun Jul 6 20:36:17 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 17:57, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Aaron Sherman (ajs@ajs.com):
>

> try re-reading [...] the GPL and LGPL [...] the Second Restatement of Contracts

> Don't try to teach your grandmother [...] not relevant to the topic.

> Still wrong.

> Sorry, I don't have time for this.

Ok, I give up, sorry but I just don't understand what I'm supposed to
say to this list to get a coherent response rather than a venomous rant.

I think you guys are all fairly nice people, but some key thing I'm
doing is tripping the "don't even bother, just fire all main guns"
reflex.

A question for you though: if I'm this wrong, this utterly ignorant, and
I'm communicating with a lawyer on a regular basis about this (daily
since this began) ... what of the other 99.9% of folks out there who
understand the law less than I do? Do we really have a hope in hell of
"doing the right thing"?

> Kindly re-read the definition of privity.

> Please don't.  I mean that sincerely.
>
> Maybe Karsten has time and patience for revisiting this matter with you,
> but I don't.

Thanks.... wow, I think I need to take these smoking cloths off. Remove
request incoming....

--
Aaron Sherman <ajs@ajs.com>
Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith