[linux-elitists] Using an xbox for demoing drm...

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Fri Jul 4 23:00:33 PDT 2003

<quote who="Jay Sulzberger">

> > Your audience (be they reporters or 'consumers') won't understand your
> > analogy. (And it's an analogy precisely because they won't understand
> > it.)
>
> Our rhetoric is competent, our argument is clear, and our demonstration
> will convince.

Well, I appreciate what you're doing, but I think you're kidding yourself
into thinking your audience will be capable or interested enough to
understand your point. The xbox is a really bad example to a *lay audience*.
It's not convincing or clear, despite being technically competent.

- Jeff

  "To do: Start up a a magazine dedicated to picky grammar. Call it 'Whom
                              Weekly'." - WzDD