Free software licensing myths (was Re: [linux-elitists] The breadth of SCO's claims)

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 4 16:32:44 PDT 2003

on Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 02:57:42PM -0700, Rick Moen (rick@linuxmafia.com) wrote:
> Quoting Aaron Sherman (ajs@ajs.com):

> > I'm planning on writing an extensive essay on Open Source licensing
> > for people who are trying to decide how to license their software....
>
> Please don't.  I mean that sincerely.

Seconded and raised:  I'll actively campaign exposure of any such
"resource" as grossly misleading, if it reflects in any way your recent
expositions on free software licensing.

> Maybe Karsten has time and patience for revisiting this matter with you,
> but I don't.

As I've made abundently clear in off-list discussions, which I have zero
interest in continuing with Mr. Sherman, Rick's estimation of my
capacities are flatteringly exaggerated.

To the extent necessary to disabuse anyone of the falseness of claims
raised, I may debunk issues.  The aforementioned shortage of time and
patience will likely reduce this to the simple statement:  Aaron Sherman
is unqualified to speak on free software licensing issues.

Peace.

    Ceterum censeo, Caldera delenda est.
		        SCO vs IBM Linux lawsuit info:  http://sco.iwethey.org