[linux-elitists] Using an xbox for demoing drm...

mike@jurney.org mike@jurney.org
Thu Jul 3 11:33:14 PDT 2003

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Jay Sulzberger wrote:

> We are not fighting to keep CD usage exactly as convenient as it is today.
> We are fighting to stop the Englobulators from taking away our computers
> and our Net, making private ownership of computers a felony, free speech
> illegal, and offering us Xboxen in return.

A reporter can understand it when a CD that should play won't.  It's much
harder for one to understand that anything's wrong in the first place when
linux won't boot on a game console, much less _why_ it's wrong.

It doesn't matter what's inside an x-box;  Your audience doesn't think
it's a computer, so when you say linux won't boot on it they'll say "Well,
of course it won't" and write about something else.

> We intend to educate reporters, not encourage them in their delusions.

Education is a multi-step process.

--
Michael D. Jurney
mike@jurney.org