[linux-elitists] Using an xbox for demoing drm...

Chris DiBona chris@damagestudios.com
Thu Jul 3 10:45:29 PDT 2003

I hate to disagee, but the Xbox represents console gaming to the media,
not computing. If you say to a reporter, "look, the xbox doesn't run
linux" they'll give you that glassy look. I suggest the cd analogy because
you can say, look: here is where they already practice drm and look how it
screwed the consumer. Yes, the xbox has drm, and yes it is a good example,
but if you want column inches, pick an easy analogy, and one that has
already spawned lawsuits, stories and outrage.

The only ones pissed about not running linux on xboxs are the converted
that can't actually price out computers to see that xbox is actually too
expensive for what you get.

 Chris

--
Chris DiBona, Vice President of Marketing	 chris.dibona@damagestudios.com
        I live in the future of Rekonstruction. It is 2403 in my world.