[linux-elitists] Re: [novalug] News conference, demonstrations, and talks in mid-July 2003

Jay Sulzberger jays@panix.com
Thu Jul 3 10:39:39 PDT 2003

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Thomas R. Corbin wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 02 2003 05:42 pm, Jay Sulzberger wrote:
> | > |
> | > |

> | > 	Make sure John Gibson at Fox News Channel sees it.
> |
> |   Will do.
> |
> |   Who is John Gibson?  I have heard of Fox News, but never watched it, at
> |   least never consciously.  I have likely flipped past it.
>
> 	He hosts an hourly show every weekday at 5pm.   Something like "The Big Story
> with John Gibson"
>
> 	He makes a LOT of sarcastic remarks to the effect that Internet folks are
> against DRM because they all just want to steal stuff.

NYFU is against DRM, because DRM ends private ownership of computers and
ends free private, tribal, business, and public use of our Net.

Is John Gibson for private property?  Is he for free speech?  If he is,
then, if he knew what DRM is, he'd be against DRM.  Perhaps, this is
conjecture, he runs a source secret OS on his home computer, and so does
not grasp that he is the legal owner of his machine, with full rights and,
if he runs a free OS, full practical powers.

http://www.nyfairuse.org/analysis

oo--JS.