[linux-elitists] Using an xbox for demoing drm...

Chris DiBona chris@damagestudios.com
Thu Jul 3 09:04:56 PDT 2003

>We'd be happy to use an Xbox to demonstrate what even joke-weak DRM does
in
>practice, to markets, and to powers of ownership, and one-quarter step
>indirect, to our powers of speech and assembly by means of our Net.

I'd suggest that using an xbox would confuse the issue for the media.
Mentioning it in your materieals would work out okay, but it would just
serve to distract in a press conference setting. I'd suggest finding one
of those copy "protected" cds and show how it won't play in certain cd
players as a demonstraction of where things can go with computers.

 Chris DiBona