[linux-elitists] Re: [novalug] News conference, demonstrations, and talks in mid-July 2003

Jay Sulzberger jays@panix.com
Wed Jul 2 14:42:52 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Thomas R. Corbin wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 02 2003 02:47 pm, Jay Sulzberger wrote:
> | Some of us would like to give a news conference some time in July 2003,
> | hopefully near the middle of the month, at which we would demonstrate how a
> | home computer boots today, and explain how, under DRM, home computers would
> | not permit free booting.  If there were a good place to give such a
> | conference in Washington DC we would like to do so.  If not, we will give
> | the conference in New York.  It might be possible to give two or more
> | simultaneous or near simultaneous conferences, if the DC and New York and
> | other free software groups can organize this.
> |
> | WHEN THE PEOPLE KNOW THE TRUTH ALL WILL FIGHT.
> |
> | WE WILL FIGHT FOR OUR COMPUTERS AND OUR NET.
>
> 	Make sure John Gibson at Fox News Channel sees it.

  Will do.

  Who is John Gibson?  I have heard of Fox News, but never watched it, at
  least never consciously.  I have likely flipped past it.

  I LOVE TV!

  oo--JS.