[linux-elitists] News conference, demonstrations, and talks in mid-July 2003

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Jul 2 12:01:04 PDT 2003

begin Jay Sulzberger quotation of Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 02:47:04PM -0400:

> Some of us would like to give a news conference some time in July 2003,
> hopefully near the middle of the month, at which we would demonstrate how a
> home computer boots today, and explain how, under DRM, home computers would
> not permit free booting.

Do you have a DRM-based system to demonstrate?  The XBox is basically
a PC plus DRM, but its system is not being seriously proposed for
regular PCs.  Or would you use a simulated system, or an XBox board
in a PC?  TCPA does appear to allow for booting a free OS.

KG6INA