Robert Graham's SQL Slammer analysis (was Re: [linux-elitists] MS SQL WORM IS DESTROYING INTERNET BLOCK PORT 1434!)

Andrew akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Fri Jan 31 18:19:05 PST 2003

> It's strange to think that the practice of being judicious in locking down
> ports has created an even worse problem because developers are now using
> port 80 to go around the firewall.

Actually that is one of the reasons why I'm trying to sanely deploy XMLRPC
services -- different subsystems use different ports.. now they're all HTTP
servers, but on nonstandard ports.

... any saner ideas would be appreciated.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew