[linux-elitists] BLASTING MICROSOFT BECAUSE OF WORM

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Wed Jan 29 17:21:04 PST 2003

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 12:01:04AM +0000, Karsten M. Self said:

> > There are definitely reasons to blast Microsoft:
>
> ...and this does precisely *what* to make your systems more secure?

Occasionally, people listen, go through rehab, and kick the
crack^H^H^H^H^HMicrosoft habit.  Then my systems get a tiny bit
more secure against DDoS attacks.

> The on-topic portion of my post was to point out the lessons and
> cautions the free software world can take from this incident.

No fair calling somebody off-topic for responding to what you
said, Karsten.  You made a throwaway side point, and he
disagreed with it; fair game.

--
Shawn McMahon         | Every time you walk out of the house
FedEx Services        | with clothes on, you give up freedom