[linux-elitists] MS SQL WORM IS DESTROYING INTERNET BLOCK PORT 1434!

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Sat Jan 25 16:09:13 PST 2003

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 04:43:23PM -0500, Andrew said:

> If you are saying that there should never be an RDBMS accepting connections on
> the internet I would like to have some of what you're smoking, or at least
> have access to the same deployment budgets you have.

What, you can't make a front-end that has only the necessary
features, and thus has fewer places to be insecure than a
full-blown database?  You have to give your customers the ability
to actually connect to your database directly, there's no other
way?

--
"Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything offered to me as
the result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I forward chain