[linux-elitists] MS SQL WORM IS DESTROYING INTERNET BLOCK PORT 1434!

Andrew akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Sat Jan 25 13:43:23 PST 2003

> Anybody who has _any_ relational database server directly connected
> to the Internet please save some of whatever you're smoking for me.

If you mean directly connected as in no firewall/proxy inbetween?  I would
agree with you.  No system should be connected to an uplink without (at the
very least) iptables or a router you can alter ACLs on yourself.

If you are saying that there should never be an RDBMS accepting connections on
the internet I would like to have some of what you're smoking, or at least
have access to the same deployment budgets you have.

Regards,
Andrew