[linux-elitists] Re: Strategy

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Jan 22 16:18:30 PST 2003

Quoting Ben Finney (bignose@zip.com.au):

> In that case, your "Point 1" above is far too broad.  You either believe
> that "cracking is almost always negligence on the part of the cracked
> site", or you believe that "the problem isn't the sensible cases".  Most
> cases of cracking are vandalism, pure and simple (and "sensible" in the
> sense of your later qualification above).

There were already perfectly adequate laws against vandalism.  I think
Karsten's meaning was amply clear, on that point.

You know, you and Shawn have nicely illustrated one of the less
attractive aspects of the Linux community, that of carping uselessly at
people who are actually getting things done.

--
Cheers,                   I once successfully declined a departmental retreat,
Rick Moen                 saying that on that day I planned instead to advance.