[linux-elitists] LOCAL Stanford University: face down the DMCA enforcers

'Don Marti' dmarti@zgp.org
Sun Jan 19 10:13:17 PST 2003

begin Larry M. Augustin quotation of Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 12:25:10AM -0800:

> Cops have a tough job.  They deserve our thanks for doing a tough job.  I
> have a number of close friends who are cops.  I think they deserve more
> benefit of doubt than "Target the _speakers_ and _philosophy_".  It doesn't
> sound like these are people that write the laws or make policy.  Maybe they
> spend their time fighting real computer crime like identity theft and
> crackers.  They deserve our support in that job.

Just like Elcomsoft supported law enforcement by providing security
software?

--
Don Marti                  Even if we don't get DMCA reform, loudly
http://zgp.org/~dmarti     demanding DMCA reform is going to get the