[linux-elitists] NPR / Science Friday

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 17 13:53:09 PST 2003

on Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 11:05:37AM -0800, Laurie Lynne Tucker (llt@eskimo.com) wrote:
> Sorry for the short notice...
>
> Starting in about 3 minutes, NPR's program Science Friday is discussing
> (for one hour) Gene Therapy and Open-Source Software.  His O-S guests
> are:
>
>   Bruce Perens
>   Computer Scientist and Linux Developer
>   Primary Author, "The Open Source Definition"
>   Berkeley, California
>
>   Michael Robertson
>   Founder and CEO of Lindows.com
>   San Diego, California

There's also a PBS program airing IIRC this weekend.  There was a notice
of this someplace, but I can't find a reference at LinuxToday,
Nwesforge, Slashdot, or Bruce's home page.

Ah, here it is:  LWN (subscribe now!):

    http://lwn.net/Articles/20276/

    Eben Moglen, general counsel for the Free Software Foundation, will
    appear  in an interview on PBS' NOW with Bill Moyers, Friday 17
    January. The show   will discuss the impact of Wednesday's ruling in
    the Eldred case and its    implications for the way copyright
    legislation will impact us in the future.  More information is
    available at http://www.pbs.org/now/politics/comingup.html

Peace.