[linux-elitists] Linux based Handhelds

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Thu Jan 16 12:01:43 PST 2003

begin  Alan DuBoff  quotation:
> On Wednesday 15 January 2003 23:41, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> > 	Note that the zaurus sold in Japan does not come with Linux on
> > it.
>
> I didn't know that. What does it have on it? They didn't put iTron
> in it, did they?

	I was at the developer conference where they unveiled the
thing.  Basically they had a successful product in Japan already, and
took a shortcut to US release by doing the Linux thing.  They
contracted with the Kompany, and got the Qtopia (nee qt-embedded)
stuff polished up and tailored for their box0r.

	I'd imagine that the first release in Japan would appear to be
some esoteric and strange computing platform to you.