[linux-elitists] Ethicc v. Pragmatics (was: Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?)

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Thu Jan 16 05:26:52 PST 2003

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 12:26:47AM -0800, Alan DuBoff said:

> sign, but I've heard from insiders that their mentality has always been
> towards trying to charge for software they can get for free.

That in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Selling a Debian CD is
"trying to charge for software they can get for free."

--
Shawn McMahon            | Emacs: It's a nice OS, but to compete with
AIM work: spmcmahonfedex | Linux or Windows it needs a better text