[linux-elitists] Ethicc v. Pragmatics (was: Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?)

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Wed Jan 15 15:07:07 PST 2003

begin  Joakim Ziegler  quotation:
> Of course, if Linux is in the running, the BSDs should be too,
> specifically NetBSD, since it runs on pretty much any architecture
> under the sun. And, of course, you'd think some companies would
> prefer it because they can proprietarize it... But as far as I know,
> noone's even announced the intention of trying to use it.

	Well, the advert clause is no longer in the BSD codebases, for
the most part.  It may just be that they're not legally required to
announce said intent.