[linux-elitists] Congress upholds copyright extension

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Wed Jan 15 12:43:53 PST 2003

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 08:33:08PM +0000, Karsten M. Self said:

> So the Supreme Court of the United States can invent a new power of
> overriding the Constitutional role of Congress to elect a president in
> the event of failure of the normal electoral process (which had not in
> fact played out), but *abdicates* its duty of providing a check on
> Congress?

God, are we gonna drag that one out again?

You do know that when the Press and the Democrats held not one but TWO
subsequent recounts, Bush still won both, right?  Let's get over that
and move on, please.

> And "delicate balance" my ass.  The CTEA harmonizes US law with an
> external authority to which the public has no recourse at all.

Amen.

--
Shawn McMahon            | Emacs: It's a nice OS, but to compete with
AIM work: spmcmahonfedex | Linux or Windows it needs a better text