[linux-elitists] Ethicc v. Pragmatics (was: Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?)

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 15 12:35:45 PST 2003

on Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 11:52:46AM -0800, Greg KH (greg@kroah.com) wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 07:46:43PM +0000, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > The biggest problem is likley squeezing the ports onto the thing --
> > USB will probably help here.
>
> We are surely doomed if USB is the answer...

With limited port space on *any* handheld, some connector with the
ability to receive multiple devices is more or less mandetory.  A single
USB port can replace keyboard, mouse, printer, and network ports.
Frankly, the video-out problem would seem significant.

It doesn't have to be USB, but it needs characteristics which USB has
(and apparently should several others by Greg's comment).

Peace.