[linux-elitists] Ethicc v. Pragmatics (was: Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?)

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Wed Jan 15 11:01:15 PST 2003

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 10:52:09AM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> begin Alan DuBoff quotation of Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 11:32:07PM -0800:
>
> > That's a blow to MontaVista, and rightfully so. MontaVista has done their
> > best to find loopholes in the GPL and continue using their proprietary
> > mindset to try and leverage $$$s out of their clients.
>
> I see MontaVista aggressively contributing, and advocating for, their
> code in upstream projects, which strikes me as a good thing, above
> and beyond their duty to give customers the source upon request.

Um, where are they doing this?  In the kernel driver arena, they are
not, and I've talked to them about it.  They realize they aren't, and
have said they are going to work on it, but it isn't really showing any
kind of progress.

greg k-h