[linux-elitists] Ethicc v. Pragmatics (was: Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?)

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Jan 15 10:52:09 PST 2003

begin Alan DuBoff quotation of Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 11:32:07PM -0800:

> That's a blow to MontaVista, and rightfully so. MontaVista has done their
> best to find loopholes in the GPL and continue using their proprietary
> mindset to try and leverage $$$s out of their clients.

I see MontaVista aggressively contributing, and advocating for, their
code in upstream projects, which strikes me as a good thing, above
and beyond their duty to give customers the source upon request.
What loophole are they exploiting?

--
Don Marti                  Even if we don't get DMCA reform, loudly
http://zgp.org/~dmarti     demanding DMCA reform is going to get the