[linux-elitists] Reading about the SCO stupidity on Slashdot..

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Jan 14 12:06:56 PST 2003

Quoting Michael Bacarella (mbac@netgraft.com):

> Media manipulation is a good portion of this.  If it's good and public
> that some company is trying to buy them out for the sole purpose of
> destroying them, I imagine that would devalue the stock.

If "destroying them" entailed firing missles at them, it might be
different.  But given that, here, it instead means "offer flipping great
wads of cash for a controlling stock interest", the obvious immediate
effect would be to drive the price up.

"I hate you and therefore want to buy you out" is therefore not
something you want to broadcast to your intended acquisition target.

--
Cheers,                                      "My file system's got no nodes!"
Rick Moen                                    "How does it shell?"