[linux-elitists] Reading about the SCO stupidity on Slashdot..

Larry M. Augustin lma@lmaugustin.com
Mon Jan 13 23:42:46 PST 2003

Um, I fail to see how buying the company is bad for them.

In fact, all that has to happen is a good sized block of shareholders just
refuse to sell, driving the price way up and creating a windfall for SCO
shareholders.  Thus validating management's strategy by making the company
more valuable.

BTW, IANAL, but I don't think there's anything illegal about raising a bunch
of money and buying a company.  Feel free.  But it's exactly the wrong thing
to do.

Larry