[linux-elitists] Reading about the SCO stupidity on Slashdot..

Michael Bacarella mbac@netgraft.com
Mon Jan 13 07:49:21 PST 2003

I imagined SCO to be a really tiny company, so I looked
it up.  And it is! $215M market cap.  No major stakeholder.

Imagine starting CORPORATE JUSTICE, Inc.  Its sole purpose
is to collect donations from people who have been wronged by
public corporations.  CORPORATE JUSTICE, Inc. will make it
loud and clear who the current target is, and how close they
are to being able to acquire a controlling stake in the company.
A realtime counter on their web site would be perfect (We are
approximately 3 days, 14 hours, 6 seconds from raising enough
money to acquire EVIL COMPANY.  Help us bring justice faster
by donating!)

Stakeholders in EVIL COMPANY will panic, and dump stock, which
should lower its share price and make it even easier to take
over.  Once CORPORATE JUSTICE, Inc. is in control, they LIQUIDATE
the company down to the floorboards, and pay back out to the
contributors what the liquidation made them (minus operating
costs).

A fitting demise for SCO would be if everyone who got a $96/cpu
letter from them instead donated to CORPORATE JUSTICE, Inc.
which acquired them, dissolved their patents, transferred SCO
accounts to SCO-to-Linux migration companies, and scattered
the remains of the company into the four winds.

Sounds like fun.  Having SCO evaporate just for pulling
IP harassment would send a clear message to the rest of
Big Corporate America that they could be next.

Now how much of this is sickeningly illegal?

--
Michael Bacarella  | Netgraft Corp
                   | 545 Eighth Ave #401
 Systems Analysis  | New York, NY 10018
Technical Support  | 212 946-1038 | 646 641-8662
 Managed Services  | http://netgraft.com/