[linux-elitists] Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Sun Jan 12 06:20:56 PST 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 09:48:34AM -0800, Nick Moffitt said:

> 	Likewise, I never shut down any of my laptops (thinkpads 600E,
> 600X, T22, and sony vaio).  Hell, I even have suspend-to-disk working
> on the vaio such that it hibernates when battery reaches critical.

My Thinkpad 760EL is a little flaky; have to run X via "startx" and put
it into the background before it will suspend, sometimes have to attempt
suspend-to-disk twice before it "takes".  But it works, after a fashion,
on even that ancient hardware.

--
Shawn McMahon            | Emacs: It's a nice OS, but to compete with
AIM work: spmcmahonfedex | Linux or Windows it needs a better text