[linux-elitists] Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?

Mister Bad mr.bad@pigdog.org
Sat Jan 11 13:23:26 PST 2003

    GK> And if you haven't tried 2.5 yet, how in the world would you
    GK> expect it to get better?

    GK> {sigh} Sorry, just a bit grumpy that very few people are
    GK> reporting any problems in 2.5 because they aren't using it,
    GK> and somehow they expect it to get better.  Don't worry, I'll
    GK> get over it...

Well, here's the deal: I'm not using 2.5 because it's not working
perfectly how I need it. I'm not going to tell you how I need it, or
the features that I want, or even commit to using it when it has the
features that I want, and if you even bring up that I _should_ test it
out, I'll start days-long flamewars.

My time is FAR TOO VALUABLE to spend building new kernels and making
bug reports. I'm like some kind of HOLY TIME YOGI, a split-second of
whose time is worth jillions of dollars and the lives of thousands of
lesser mortals. I even have one of those standup desks, so that I am
ready at ANY MOMENT to SPRING INTO ACTION, without a SPLIT SECOND
wasted in standing up from a chair. That's how valuable my time is!

I mean, what do you want? A FREE LUNCH? FREE TESTING from me, the
Linux user? Dream on, dreamboy!

~Mr. Bad

P.S. Bitkeeper.