[linux-elitists] Harmful things according to google.

Alan DuBoff aland@SoftOrchestra.com
Fri Jan 10 21:53:34 PST 2003

On Friday 10 January 2003 09:52, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> 	Hell, all loop structures are really just syntactic sugar on
> "goto".  Even function calls are just a goto with a stack.  There's
> nothing preventing folks from implementing the standard "goto out;" as
> something like "throw properly_named_exception;".

And what's the point? Just because it can be done is not a reason I would do
it. The goto statement has a place, and there are various reasons to use it.
I'm not advocating to boycott it and I'm certainly not advocating it's usage
for everything including function calls or other loop structures.

Some languages are lacking the proper logic loops, such as Perl is lacking a
switch statement and I've always felt that lame, so in that case a goto can
substitute as if/elif/else statements.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.