[linux-elitists] Why haven't you switched to Linux 2.5 yet? [Was: MacOS X]

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Fri Jan 10 11:29:49 PST 2003

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 05:49:41AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > Um, would the fact that its running on every one of my machines except one
> > around here (not on the firewall) count for anything?  I haven't had any
> > data loss at all through every one of the 2.5 kernels (or the 2.4, or 2.3,
> > or...)
>
> Sure, because I trust you. But do you trust the kernel enough to say to 'the
> entire world' that it's ready to rock? :-)

I would never say that, I know better :)
All I say is, "good enough for me to use", and let anyone else
extrapolate from there.

> > But yes, a general announcement would be a good thing to have.  Also
> > remember the kernel people are trying to use bugzilla right now, so be
> > sure to report any prolems found at bugzilla.kernel.org.
>
> I am *so* happy to see that happening. Excellent stuff.

It is, now if only people start to use it...

thanks,

greg k-h