[linux-elitists] Why haven't you switched to Linux 2.5 yet? [Was: MacOS X]

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Fri Jan 10 10:49:41 PST 2003

<quote who="Greg KH">

> On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 05:30:15AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> >
> > I would almost definitely start running it if he - or someone else of
> > note - said it was at a won't-kill-your-filesystem point of reliability.
> > Talk of 'beta' and 'release candidate' tickle everyone's fancy. :-)
>
> Um, would the fact that its running on every one of my machines except one
> around here (not on the firewall) count for anything?  I haven't had any
> data loss at all through every one of the 2.5 kernels (or the 2.4, or 2.3,
> or...)

Sure, because I trust you. But do you trust the kernel enough to say to 'the
entire world' that it's ready to rock? :-)

> But yes, a general announcement would be a good thing to have.  Also
> remember the kernel people are trying to use bugzilla right now, so be
> sure to report any prolems found at bugzilla.kernel.org.

I am *so* happy to see that happening. Excellent stuff.

  [ cue Nick's 'bojira' trolling... :-) ]

- Jeff

--
   On a clear day, I bet you can really see the class struggle from that
                            penthouse of yours.