[linux-elitists] Why haven't you switched to Linux 2.5 yet? [Was: MacOS X]

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Fri Jan 10 10:42:13 PST 2003

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 05:30:15AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> I would almost definitely start running it if he - or someone else of note -
> said it was at a won't-kill-your-filesystem point of reliability. Talk of
> 'beta' and 'release candidate' tickle everyone's fancy. :-)

Um, would the fact that its running on every one of my machines except
one around here (not on the firewall) count for anything?  I haven't had
any data loss at all through every one of the 2.5 kernels (or the 2.4,
or 2.3, or...)

But yes, a general announcement would be a good thing to have.  Also
remember the kernel people are trying to use bugzilla right now, so be
sure to report any prolems found at bugzilla.kernel.org.

thanks,

greg k-h