[linux-elitists] Why haven't you switched to Linux 2.5 yet? [Was: MacOS X]

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Fri Jan 10 10:30:15 PST 2003

<quote who="Greg KH">

> {sigh}  Sorry, just a bit grumpy that very few people are reporting any
> problems in 2.5 because they aren't using it, and somehow they expect it
> to get better.  Don't worry, I'll get over it...

You need to get Linus to send another "hey, it's really time to test now"
email.

I would almost definitely start running it if he - or someone else of note -
said it was at a won't-kill-your-filesystem point of reliability. Talk of
'beta' and 'release candidate' tickle everyone's fancy. :-)

- Jeff

--
   "Can we have a special TELSABUG category, and everything gets dropped
                     to fix them first?" - Telsa Gwynne