[linux-elitists] Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Fri Jan 10 10:24:30 PST 2003

begin  Andrew  quotation:
> > 	I can't say that I've ever seen a laptop *without* functioning
> > APM.
>
> My Compaq Evo N160.  ACPI only.  And broken ACPI, at that.  I've
> been following the intel/linux/etc ACPI development efforts and have
> battery and thermal status, but no sleep functionality whatsoever.

	Nate Riffe seems to have ACPI working like a champ on his
laptop.  It has some subtle differences with APM, but he really digs
on the verbose reporting from the kernel.

--
A: No.